March 10, 2011

Bike Swap

Last night's second annual VBC bike swap was a total success!

There were about 100 people there and 10 tables chock full of bike goodies. I sold almost everything on my table.

Lots of people approached me to say they liked how I handled the discontinuation of the mailed club newsletter. This has been a tough change for many members, so it was reassuring to finally hear some positive feedback.

I met the president of the PWTC - just imagine, the largest two area bike clubs both have women as presidents! She was very understanding about my February article where I poked fun at the wheelmen.

As always, I really feel "in my element" hanging around all these cyclists and geeking out on all things bike. I am looking forward to more of the same, but on bikes instead of in meeting rooms!

No comments:

Post a Comment