September 23, 2011

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Chainges

It's been getting harder and harder to ignore that little noise my drive train has been making so I stopped at the Missing Link and was informed that my chain and cassette are cashed. Cashed! They were new just months ago but it has been a couple thousand miles with a good amount of hills mixed in.

I had to confess to the cute mechanic guy that not only do I work at a bike shop, but I don't know how to do these "easy mechanicals". He charged me nothing and challenged me to ask someone at work to teach me how.

So, today at lunchtime, nice guy Alex taught me how to remove the old cassette and install the new one. He also taught me how to break the old chain, measure it against the new one and install. Surprisingly easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment