August 15, 2011

Crater Lake

Richard, Jenn and I arrived at Diamond Lake campground just in time Friday night to set up our tents and get to bed. The next morning, after coffee and breakfast, Richard and I joined the BOB riders.



We went through the pumice desert, which was prettily polka-dotted with pine trees. We saw plenty of small snowdrifts along the 15 mile climb to Crater Lake, even though the air was warm and it felt summery out.




`

Finally, we arrived at Crater Lake. This was my first view of it.

Then, around the lake. It was hot and dry and we quickly became dehydrated. A miscommunication with our SAG vehicle left me without water for an hour. But, the climbing was easy and the views were stunning.

Jenn & the SAG team:



The whole group!


Just me.
Another great adventure on two wheels.






No comments:

Post a Comment