September 19, 2012

Frenchman's Bar Bike Path

A few weeks ago, I wrote a blog entry about a (magical!) day competing in the Vancouver Bicycle Club's scavenger hunt.  I snapped this photo near Frenchman's Bar and wrote:

"Shortly after u-turning to get back to the finish line, some gentlemen stood up and held out a banner reading "Hey Bicyclists" so I stopped.  They gave me a rainbow striped popsicle and asked me to come back after the picnic (which I did, getting video-taped sitting on a couch with my bike in the shot!)."

Today, it came to my attention that OregonLive ran an article on the efforts of Todd Bachmann and Jacob Brostoff to gain support for adding a bike path to connect the existing ones near Vancouver Lake Park nd Frenchman's Bar.  It's a great read - check it out!

http://www.oregonlive.com/clark-county/index.ssf/2012/09/vancouver_bicyclists_push_for.html

No comments:

Post a Comment