October 4, 2015

Drinks With Dave

I woke up Tuesday morning knowing it would be a banner day.  Today I'd get to meet framebuilder extraordinaire, Dave Moulton.  Steel is real and that's what Dave worked with during his framebuilding career, which ended in '93.

Many of these classic road and touring bikes are still around, and rolling strong.  A couple nice folks brought theirs to the Bike Commuter "Drinks with Dave" evening and everyone, especially Dave, enjoyed geeking out.  That's what us bike geeks like to do!
It was my first night as a server and I managed to do quite well, only ruining a couple of beers with foamy heads.  I have a new respect for beer-pourers everywhere, or "beeristas".  There's more to it than pulling the lever that I hadn't understood from the other side of the bar.
How did this event come about?  Sheer luck.  While visiting the southern part of the valley, I joined a G.E.A.R.s bike club ride and someone mentioned that Dave Moulton would be speaking at their club meeting.  So, I took a chance and emailed Dave and was astounded when he called me right back to say he'd be delighted to plan an event with me.  Thanks, Dave!

2 comments:

  1. Nice one Kitty! I just hosted Dave and his wife Kathy for a couple of nights in Benicia (SF Bay Area). I own 4 frames and it was great to meet him at the Hall of Fame event in Davis, and then to have a small gathering at my home. I am now the proud owner of one of the sweatshirts you show in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As an individual and a person Dave is a great personality. The first time I met Dave when I was searching for best corporate event planners. It was great meeting him and we had quite a fun time together.

    ReplyDelete