August 6, 2010

Beer O'Clock


Left work to ride by the Columbia River in all its glory, complete with waterskier, jetboats, beach kids, runners, walkers, rollerbladers, dogs and even some cyclists.
Made a new friend - a guy from my club named Michael. Blogs are great, now I can look back and remember his name. He used to ride a ton and then stopped and recently started again. The Portland Century will be his first century since his "return" to cycling. Not an easy one to start with!
Continued on, stopping to take a picture of my lovely Italian sweetheart, La Torpado. Or should it be El Torpado?

Locked up. Captured my Hello Kitty in a monkey suit charm on film, yes I'm a dork, then ordered a pint of the Racer 5. Seemed appropriate and it was delicious. Met up with Linda and shared stories and beers until the sun was one finger-width from the horizon, our estimation of how long it would take me to get home. We made a good guess, but next time I'll either carry lights or give myself two fingers to get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment